Research the typical styles of an Amsterdam neighborhood historical styles and contemporary styles. Then make a translation into a style concept for 2020-21. For a fictional client: WGSN. I got the neighborhood Oud-Zuid in Amsterdam.
What did I learn?
Research of styles and experimentation with style characteristics
Translate to an original and contemporary style concept
Learned to collaborate in a professional way
- Developed the basic principles of research
- Learned to do research using a variety of methods
- Learned to use and select information of different and relevant sources
- Learned to analyse an image, both visual and mental
- Applied design principles
- Translated the essence to new images by making combinations in collages; based on analogy
- Learned and apply the fundamentals of graphic design
- Learned skills in InDesign and Photoshop in order to produce the style concept digitally